Tuesday, April 21, 2009

D Day +36

It is HOT this morning. I do not like Sacramento when it is HOT! I hate heat! Yesterday my work out with Sham was I guess you could say...not as hard. He brought what looked like a volleyball. I put it on the ground I went to pick it up thinking it was feather light and....ooomph! It was like a ten pound ball! Should have known the workout wasn't going to be easy!

It was very hot yesterday afternoon and working out on grass makes it that much hotter. I felt like I was moving through molasses. I had to do more exercises that had me in squat positions. I had to get the medicine ball, raise it up and slam it to the ground in a squat position. Then I had to get in a squat position and throw the ball up as high as I could. Then I had to get the ball and walk or run as fast as I could to a point and back and start all over again. Not easy for me to do in the heat. Sham took pictures of me doing those. Nice!

I did it. Sham knows how to get me. I'm competitive. When I hear him say, '...no one has finished this' or '...only one person has been able to finish this set' that puts me in Seabiscuit mode! I will get a burst of energy. I may not finish as fast as I think I should but dammit, no one is going to say I didn't finish something or I couldn't do it. After our timed workouts I'm always asking him...'how fast was I....is that good? Don't lie, tell me if I'm slow!' I want to be the best. Yeah I was that kid in school who always had to sit up front closest to the teacher and was the first to raise her hand to answer anything and everything. You all had one of those in your class. The one you couldn't stand, the one you talked about, the one you called 'teacher's pet. I didn't care. I was never afraid to face down anyone, even if they were bigger than me. Many times girls would want to fight me for some lame reason but they never counted on me accepting their challenge. Funny how just looking someone in the eye will cause someone to think twice.

That's how I look at these workouts. I'm staring them in the eye. You won't break me. You may come close but it will only make me stronger for the next challenge.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and new measurements. I feel good about it. For the most part, I have done everything Sham has told me to do. I do not leave the house without food. I'm eating fruit now. I am getting to bed at a good hour and I'm exercising when not with Sham. In a nutshell, I'm taking care of myself and taking into account how something is going to negatively affect me and my progress. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment